Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Environment Thumbnails

I've always prefered doing character design, compare to environments, partly I think beacause I had no formular for doing landscapes. Mountains and open fields bothered me. A large open space with nothing to focus on is extremely hard to make interesting and boring to draw. Compare that to a single character on a sheet of white paper, where the focus is unavoidable. So last week I decided to sit down and work on some landscape concepts until I had a decent method to produce them. After about 4 or 5 failures I got into the groove and punched out these 8 designs. It was well worth the day of frustration to come out the otherside with a bit more confidence in my Environment concepting.









Update
Picked a couple of the thumbnails and worked them over with a bit of color and texture.




No comments:

Post a Comment