Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dan Dennett


This will be my last post for a while, a few months maybe. As of this weekend I am officially homeless, in a good way. A man without a country. I've packed up my things and starting on a voyage unknown. New places to explore, new people to meet and adventures to have.

Below are a couple progress shots of this portrait, I tried to use a more traditional approach.
And this was perhaps the first time I went from start to finish without checking the tone with a desaturation level. I'm going to assume this is just a fluke that I got it right, at least until I can reproduce the result without relapse.




If you don't know Dan Dennett or his work. Check out his talks on "Dangerous Meme's" and "Tools for thinking". Dennett is one of those really smart thinkers that is brilliant at explaining complex ideas in simple to understand ways. Which has the effect of making the audience feel smarter not dumber. This duality makes him not only a great thinker, but also a great teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment